Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

nominations

Go down 
AuthorMessage
jgdh

nominations  Empty
PostSubject: nominations    nominations  Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 1:29 pm

when are the nominations coming out for the banquet so ppl know to buy tickets ?
Back to top Go down
fball

nominations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: nominations    nominations  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 2:23 pm

I m just guessing but..

Nominees for offensive players by confrence are obvious, Kirk, McKay, Vessey, Giddings. (these players were not as dominent in the playoffs but were obviously keyed on by oposing defenses). Provincial winner I think will be McKay from FQ gaining over 1000 yeards in a very tough conference, runner up would be close between Vessey and Giddings because they lead their teams to unquestioned, undefeated seasons.

Defensive player are also fairly obvious, Stadnick, Waldner, Ermel, Hilgers, Provincial winner will be a close one between Stadnick and Hilgers, both key reasons their teams were in the final last weekend. The Humboldt backer definatly got the better of Des Vessey and the Delisle offense as well as Mukendi in Lumsden and the always good rushing game of Foam Lake, Hilgers wins a narrow vote over Stadnick who was dominant in the strongest league in the province (Northwest) and into the provincial playoff push against the always good running attack of Foam lake in the quarter final and helping holding YSH to only 2 points!

P.S I am aware that the majority of the players I predicted are from the conference champions, but these players are a key reason why their teams had success and deserve credit.

The Provincial coach of the year is unquestionably between Ken Byers (Delisle), Shaun Gardiner (Humboldt), and Luke Dunville(Lumsden). I know this is a coach of the year, but looking back into the past 3 years, Lumsden lost 2 provincial semi-fianls to Humboldt (some would arguably say that in both years that game decided the champion) and won a convincing 2009 provincial title. In that time period Humboldt has 2 titles to Lumsdens 1. Focussing just on this year, scores do not lie, Humboldt more than doubled Lumsden in the semifial and won the final by a 30 point margin much like they did all year, a perfect season ending with a championship should be enough for Shaun Gardiner to oust Luke Dunville as the coach of the year.
Back to top Go down
a coach

nominations  Empty
PostSubject: provincial mop's? ...really?   nominations  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Do we really have to pick Provincial MOP's? Why can't we just be satisfied to pick Conference MOP's and leave it at that? How does any coach know who is the best player in the province because most of us haven't seen any of these guys play. I think we are carrying this stuff a little too far. We will get to see who is the best at Senior Bowl and Saskota. Leave it at that!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

nominations  Empty
PostSubject: Re: nominations    nominations  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

nominations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sask Gridiron :: General-
Jump to: