Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Top 10 is a joke

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ftblfan

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:43 pm

Come on Darren seriously - 4 teams from the North East in the top ten. Where are you from again? I think you may be just a tad biased!!! Assinibioa is undefeated and not even in the top 10? Wynyard is 3 and 1 but got one cheap win because of an inelegible player for Foam Lake. If you're going to do a top ten have some respect for all the leagues in the province. I think other people need to give their opinions here or else we are going to have to rename this site northeastgridiron.com.
Back to top Go down
JP

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: respond to ftblfan   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:50 pm

I guess the top 10 and you have something in common....you are both a joke
Back to top Go down
JP

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 12:52 pm

Come on it is just a fun and entertaining part of this website. I like it darren.
Back to top Go down
G. Grant

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: top ten    Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 3:23 pm

I think the top ten is fairly close I see alot of people pushing for Assinaboia True they are undefeated but in the end they they play the same teams repeatedly. Logically if they beat them once they should beat them all of the games. As for the top ten if you read more than the list itself you will see the thought process and were the numbers came from. It is a short season and the list is for fun more than anything. Since someone takes the time to post it and do the work at least appriciate the effort.

Garry
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 4:40 pm

I encourage you, if you do not agree with the top 10, to post your top 10. Again, this is not standings based on win/loss record. It is a POWER ranking of the top teams. Name me a team not on the list that deserves to be there. Then tell me which teams that are on the list they could beat if they played this week.

I would argue that Meadow Lake and possibly Kindersley (both teams playing like they can) would challenge some teams on this list and both teams have been on the list at some point during the season.

Let me also point out that there are 4 teams from East Central on the top 10 as well. Also, four of the teams from the North West have been on this list this season too.

And I will ask you how many times has Wynyard been ranked since the start of this site?

But, I do understand that the top 10 comes only from me and my opinion which may not be fair. If this site is successful at generating attention, hype, and coverage then I would like to have a media poll from newspaper and radio broadcasters or coaches each week to determine the top 10. Fair? Ideas are welcome.
Back to top Go down
https://saskgridiron.forumotion.com
YAMMAJAM

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: MY LIST   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 3:08 pm

1. LUMSDEN- No one is even close till proven otherwise.
2. Humboldt-Always a contender and playing in a tough division.
3. Delisle-When have these guys had even a average team in the last ten years.
4. Yorkton-Undeafeated is still hard to do.
5. Foam Lake-Always contending and should have one more win and one less loss due to violation.
6. Martensville-Tough D and only losses to Delisle, will be tough team to beat in provincials.
7. Assiniboia-Until shsaa gets rid of a 3 team league, no one will get the respect that they may deserve .
8. Melfort- Sound like they came close to upsetting Foam in their own barn.
9. Wynard- Best record of the rest.
10. Melville- Best defence left of the contenders.
Back to top Go down
observer

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeWed Oct 06, 2010 10:32 pm

I think that this is a very accurate top ten all with great reasons behind them. I would not be surprised with the way the draw is set up to see Humboldt Lumsden and Yorkton vs Delisle/Foam Lake as the semi final match up. I would like to see each of Humboldt and Delisle play in a game where they do not dress grade nines and tens and until we see that we cant be sure of how much damage they can do with a full game of vetrans. Of those Semi Final games I feel that Foam Lake or delisle has the advantage over Yorkton because of how successful their programs have been of late (winning is a habit for both coaches). As far as Humboldt Lumsden goes I had the oppourtunity through my business commutes to see each team play. WOW they are at a whole different level than their oponents. Lumsden has a solid defense and an explosive offense and a running back that is flat out Dominant. With the experience of Luke at the helm they will be a wrecking machine till the end. That Devils team could rival the power of last years. Humboldt seems to be the opposite, they have a cosistant offense with multiple threats but their defense is a level above with a linebacker who would throw some worries or pain into the head of the Lumsden running back (althought this linebackers will be saying the same about this running back). The only question to ask is what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? Who ever the answer is to that question will be the 2010 champs.
Back to top Go down
Wilson

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 9:55 pm

The only thing that I would change in this weeks top 10 is Maple Creek. Assiniboia (spelling ?) and is 5-1 and beat Maple Creek twice already. No Offense to Maple Creek, but to be ranked higher then a team in your own conference who has beat you twice is wrong.
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeThu Oct 14, 2010 11:30 pm

But at this point if the two teams were to play again today Maple Creek would likely have the edge.... after losing 22-0 in their first meeting the second was much much closer and finally now Maple Creek has beaten them... But that's my argument and you have yours...
Back to top Go down
Gartha

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Wynyard   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 12:28 am

The only games that count are head-to-head you are beaking about the unfair ranking?? Did Wynyard play Assiniboia in the preseason? Wherever Wynyard is ranked Assiniboia should be ranked below them. I like looking at the rankings... thanks Darren.... here I am thanking a former Bear and I am from Foam Lake... all for fun... right?
Back to top Go down
Wilson

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 10:55 am

Personally I do not look at preseason games. In those games teams are working things out after a long summer and who knows how long their starters played.

I had just pointed out that having one team ranked higher then another after losing 2 times to me is wrong. Yes one loss I could see it, as there could be a number of reasons for the loss (for example Foam Lake lossing to Wynyard due to an ineligible player). I see Darren's point about the scores being closer the farther along you go, but it was also the 3rd time that they had played each other. To win two in a row against the same team is tough enough (just ask the Riders), let alone winning 3.

I would have no problem with Assiniboia as say 9 and Maple Creek as 10 for example.
Back to top Go down
whiteness

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 11:50 am

I have to be with wilson the rockets tried and cant win them all they have had alot of injuries and most of the players were playing different positions
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:06 pm

As more information comes to the surface it becomes easier to second guess the top 10. One thing that is being worked on is having more news stories on the site. I would like to see game recaps after each game posted as well as game previews. It's easy to look at standings but you never know how the game actually went. A rash of injuries would affect the top 10 as would a second half of playing just young guys and the game being much closer than it should. This will also hopefully work itself out next year if it is set up for coaches and media to vote.
Back to top Go down
ftbl fan

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: coaches voting   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 3:47 pm

I would like to see the top 10 as totally voted on by head coaches around the province. This would give you a very accurate representation of who the best teams actually are. Coaches around the province are the best judges of talent because most of them stay in touch through email etc. and know the talent level in all the leagues around the province. A format of voting online and giving a point value for each vote (ex 10 points for a 1st place vote and 1 point for a 10th place vote) would be an excellent way to see who have the most points at the end of each week. The team with the most points would be #1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top 10 is a joke Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top 10 is a joke   Top 10 is a joke Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top 10 is a joke
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sask Gridiron :: General-
Jump to: