Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stats on the website

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wilson

Stats on the website Empty
PostSubject: Stats on the website   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 11:16 am

First oif all I woudl like to say that this is great website. I go on it every week to check the results from across the province. Before this site, there was problems even knowing results for sure from our own league. The only way to know other leagues was if you knew one of the coaches from that league.

The only problem that I have is that Fort Qu'Appelle's stats have not been put up. I have sent the stats into Sask gridiron every week, but they have not yet been put on the site. We have one back, #12 G McKay, who had the game of a life time against Swan, (463 yards and 7 touchdowns). Everyone of his touchdowns was a long run, and this included a 109 run (Swan uses a 110 yard field) that really turned the game around. He has been our offense all year. Given that there are now awards for the our league and our province we would obviously like the rest of the province to see what this athlete has done.

I am an assistant coach for the team, and I keep the stats.

I hope that this can be fixed soon.

Lorne Wilson
Asst. Coach Fort Qu'appelle
Back to top Go down
billy

PostSubject: stats   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 2:43 pm

I am sure that the teams around your league will have input into the awards handed out but lots of team across the province are not sending in stats. I am sure there are a half dozen running backs that get yardage like this in a game (especially with some of the scores) but it is tough to compare leagues with no crossover and how often these numbers are being put up. I like the awards for each league being picked by coaches from each league and if he deserves the award, I am sure he will be included in your league discussion. It is a good start to have stats posted but when only some teams are on board with this, it is very hard to judge one player to the next. Just curious if this kid plays defence as well...as that plays a big part and more impressive to some (Swan River's last season star---Josh Hart)
Back to top Go down
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Stats on the website   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeTue Oct 12, 2010 4:29 pm

I do agree Billy that not everyone is putting in their stats, so it makes it harder to do an across the province look. When you have a player though that has put up 803 yards of rushing in 4 games (missed the stats for out first game against Melville, due to weather and not having something over my sheet). It would be nice to see it recoginized on the site. As I said I have sent them in every week since week 3 of our season (we were 1-2 when I started to send them in and it was before we played in Swan)

To answer your question about both ways, No he does not play both ways. We have a lot of guys that do, but he is not one of them.
Back to top Go down
fblnth

PostSubject: Re: Stats on the website   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 12:42 am

Did this kid break all of Jeremy Sundeen's records at the school
Back to top Go down
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Stats on the website   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:50 am

I am not sure of any of the old records, I will have to talk to the coach or some of our old coaches.

This kid had two monster games against Swan Valley (463) and Esterhazy (300+). I hope that he can tryout for the Saskota Team, we are pushing him too.
Back to top Go down
jsundeen

PostSubject: Posting names online   Stats on the website Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 pm

Just wanted to comment on a couple of the posts under this stats message board. I wanted to clear up the comment about some supposed records that I set when I attended BFCHS. I don't believe I ever came close to setting any individual records (if records were ever kept in the Fort). Secondly, I don't appreciate being singled out on a web forum. We have some players that come and check out these comments and I don't like hearing at practice how I left a funny comment on saskgridiron, when I clearly did not about back when I was in high school.

As per the actually topic of this discussion, I think it's a great idea to keep track of some stats and post scores online. When it comes to stats not being put online, I also service our school website and I can tell you that it's a lot of work keeping things updated. I admire whomever runs, collects information and posts things on the web page I think it's a great concept and I wish this would have been around when I played. I also check this on a regular basis to see different discussion points, scores, and of course the weekly top 10.

To coach Wilson, don't bother checking with any other coaches, I didn't set any records, hopefully the old coaches have good things to say if you do. Best of luck against Lumsden, I remember that rivalry all to well (I played 2000-2003 seasons) where we met them each year in league championship games. I know the Devils are tough this year but I'm cheering for my old alma mater, tell that running back to keep his feet moving, go Marauders.

Jeremy Sundeen
Offensive Coordinator
Meadow Lake
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stats on the website   Stats on the website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stats on the website
Page 1 of 1