Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shaunavon vs Maple Creek

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Shaunavon vs Maple Creek Empty
PostSubject: Shaunavon vs Maple Creek   Shaunavon vs Maple Creek Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:01 pm

The score was 14-6. I have conflicting reports on who won. Seems like Maple Creek gave Shaunavon their first loss of the year. Let's hear what happened from someone who was there. Currently I have Maple Creek as the winner.
Back to top Go down
https://saskgridiron.forumotion.com
old ball coach

Shaunavon vs Maple Creek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shaunavon vs Maple Creek   Shaunavon vs Maple Creek Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2009 10:55 am

Had a chance to see the game. Maple Creek's offense moved the ball quite well throughout the game but was unable to finish many of it's drives. One fumble inside the Shadows 5 yards line probably cost them a major. The Redmen were also a foot from the Shadows goaline when the final whistle blew. Shaunavon's only real threat came off a muffed punt by the Redmen. The Shadows threw deep into the endzone where their receiver was able to make a great catch over tight coverage. The Redmen defense played very well, intercepting the Shadow QB 3 times I believe and sacking him 4 or 5 times. The run defense held the Shadow's strong rushing attack to maybe 50-60 yards. Despite all of this, the game was 7-0 for the Redmen at halftime. The Shadows scored their first major in the third quarter but missed their extra point. The game remained at 7-6 until early in the fourth where the Redmen rushing attack found the endzone once again. It was a great game for the fans.
Back to top Go down

Shaunavon vs Maple Creek
Page 1 of 1