Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pre-season games

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Pre-season games   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 9:37 pm

I know some teams are playing preseason games this weekend. If you would like your preseason schedule posted on the site please post your preseason games.

Thanks,

Darren Dupont
Back to top Go down
https://saskgridiron.forumotion.com
South West

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Pre-seaon   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 2:20 pm

Gull Lake is hosting a mini-tournament today with Assinabioa and Shaunavon coming. Each team will play one half against each other.
GL vs. Assin 4:00
Assin vs. Shaun 5:00
GL vs. Shaun 6:00

I will try and post scores and hopefully a little write up of each game. I also believe Maple Creek is traveling to Rosetown tomorrow for an ex. game.

Good Luck to everyone in the up coming seson.
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Foam Lake is hosting a game under the lights tonight against Melville. Game time is 7:30pm. It should be a good game and I believe it's the first ever night game in Sask 9-man football. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 9:16 pm

We have our first pre-season score in the books. Lumsden beat Humboldt 52-0.

From looking at the score it looks like Humboldt is rebuilding but I wouldn't read too much into this. Remember, this is preseason and coaches try to get everyone on the field to see what they have. Either way it's a shocker.
Back to top Go down
South West

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Gull Lake mini tourney   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Here are some results from the mini tourney

Gull Lake 24 Assininbioa 22
Both teams had some big plays on offense. Two of Assin td's were on short field after interceptions, GL broke a couple big runs for td's. Looked like lots of players from both teams got a chance to play.

Shaunavon 48 Assin 8
Assin looked a little tired from playing already (very hot out and no breeze). Shaunavon's entire offense returns from last year and executed on all cylinders. Shaunavon mixed run plays and pass plays very effectively. Assin being back after a year absence will do nothing but improve.

Shaun 21 GL
7-0 Shaun after the first quarter. Both teams sustained some long offensive drives. A couple injuries really shortened GL's bench and their lack of depth showed at times. Shaun played a well rounded, disciplined game and both teams got a chance to play young guys near the end.

Overall, not a bad display of football by three teams who should be competitive in the South West Conference.
Back to top Go down
South West

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Pre-seaon   Pre-season games Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:54 pm

Rosetown 44 Maple Creek 14
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pre-season games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pre-season games   Pre-season games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-season games
Page 1 of 1