Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Number of games in the Northwest

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Wilson

Number of games in the Northwest Empty
PostSubject: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:32 am

Can someone explain why all of the teams in the Northwest have played 7 games, except Unity
Back to top Go down
anom

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:38 am

Unity actually played 7 games the only game not listed on their Schedule was against Martinsville and they lost 52-13.. so they did play 7 like every one else!
Back to top Go down
ftblnth

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Was there a score in the Delisle - Meadow Lake game ?
Back to top Go down
coach

PostSubject: ml delisle score   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:44 pm

Delisle won 32 - 7
Back to top Go down
Wilson

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 5:10 pm

anom wrote:
Unity actually played 7 games the only game not listed on their Schedule was against Martinsville and they lost 52-13.. so they did play 7 like every one else!

I am not complaining, I was just wondering. Considering how short the football season is it does not sound like a bad idea. I know the last year the East Central was 6 teams we had everyone making the playoffs with the first and second place team getting the bye. It does seem diffferent though to play 7 games in a 6 team conference in the regular season, how do you set it up? How is it decided who a team plays the extra times (I would think that it is 2 home and homes, rather then one like the Northeast)
Back to top Go down
football

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 9:59 pm

For travel reasons, they split them up into two different conferences (Martensville,Warman,Delisle /// Meadow,Unity,Kindersley). Each played home and home within the conference for 4 games and then only one against the other division for 3 more games. (They will alternate home games each year) For playoffs, they just took the top 4 even though they had an unbalanced schedule. Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
coach

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 pm

It would probably make more sense to have 1st play 2nd in each of the seperate conferences to make up for the unbalanced schedule and first place overall would be determined by the game that was played in the cross-conference between the two provincial reps. Just my thoughts
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Number of games in the Northwest   Number of games in the Northwest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Number of games in the Northwest
Page 1 of 1