Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Semi - Final Predictions ???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Semi - Final Predictions ??? Empty
PostSubject: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 3:38 pm

Swan Valley 14 Humboldt 28
Foam Lake 13 Lumsden 35
Back to top Go down
Fan

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 7:33 pm

Humboldt is going to beat Swan Valley by more. I say 42-13 Humboldt. And 28-14 Lumsden.
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Swan Valley is pretty good. You have to take into consideration that the Tigers must be on a HUGE high after their win in Rosetown. This is Swan's first real run in provincials and they could be in the final. Emotion counts for a TON this time of year.

On the other side Foam Lake's rushing game is the x-factor. If they can run the ball effectively against Lumsden, they will control the clock and wear out the Devil's D. Plus, long drives with big run after big run will keep the home crowd excited.

Don't be quick to count out Swan Valley and Foam Lake. Although Humboldt and Lumsden are the favorites to meet on the 14th, these games will be much more exciting and closer than most may think.
Back to top Go down
https://saskgridiron.forumotion.com
old ball coach

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2009 8:21 pm

Humboldt has a talented and very well coached defense. I really don't think that Swan River's rushing attack will do as much damage as it has against other teams. Swan Valley will be forced to beat Humboldt through the air. If weather is a factor in the passing game, which it often is in November, this game favors Humboldt.

Lumsden verses Foam Lake is intriguing. Both teams have been able to win this year by handing off to their talented backfilelds and then playing solid defense. Something has to give with one of these teams Saturday. Both backfields will get their rushing yards simply due to the calibre of athletes they have, however look for the team that can get a few big plays through the air as well as the team that comes up on top. This should be a close and entertaining game.
Back to top Go down
Darren Dupont
Admin
Darren Dupont

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 1:47 pm

A recent comment left on this forum on this topic has been deleted.

We want the posts on this forum to be fun, entertaining and informative. It is also fun to have a little healthy competition and rivalry between teams, fans and so on. We just need to be reminded to keep all posts clean and respectful.

Have a great day!

SaskGridiron.com
Back to top Go down
https://saskgridiron.forumotion.com
#1Royals

PostSubject: The underdog   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2009 3:55 pm

Look at that poll question, maybe everyone in the whole world doesn't feel the same way that jerk did about the Humboldt / Swan River game. I am from Rosetown and after watching that game a against Swan Valley I think that all of Saskatchewan might be in for a shock on Nov.14. Good luck to everyone but I always love to see the underdog win!!
Back to top Go down
OutToPasture

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2009 5:34 pm

I think that at times some fans and coaches might be using this blog to create motivating talking points for their teams, even to the point of loading up the poll questions. I think that at this point in the season all the teams are very well coached. It will come down to who makes the mistakes and who gets the momentum going. I personally feel that special teams will be one of the biggest deciding factors. Good luck to all the teams and may sportsmanship rule the day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi - Final Predictions ???   Semi - Final Predictions ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi - Final Predictions ???
Page 1 of 1