Sask Gridiron
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sask Gridiron

An online forum to share thoughts and ideas on 9-man football in Saskatchewan.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

semifinal predictions

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ftblfan

semifinal predictions Empty
PostSubject: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Since I was right in all my quarterfinal predictions, I would like to hear what other people think about the semifinals. BTW I wasn't perfect, I said the Maple Creek Sacred Heart Game would be closer. Maybe I overestimated how good the Sothwest actually is.
Back to top Go down
football

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 7:48 pm

I was only wrong on one last week (although i never really picked a winner)

This week I got Delisle by a 7-10 point spread.

I also predict Humboldt over Lumsden by less than seven.

From this I think Humboldt will travel to Delisle and roll onto a second title in three years
Back to top Go down
footbal2

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 8:10 pm

Humboldt loses by over 10. Delisle wins by over 20. Lumsden goes to delisle and delisle wins by 7.
Back to top Go down
stevoy_49

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 12:06 am

Lumsden over Humbolt 10+
Delisle over Sacred Heart 20+
Back to top Go down
Football

PostSubject: Semi Final Predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 am

Sacred Heart were missing a few players to Soccer however Delisle will shut Liebrecht down and win by 20+.This is Humboldt and Lumsden's first test and will be an indicator of how strong Lumsden really is.It is going to be a 7 point spread at the half but the depth of Lumsden will carry them to at least a 14 point victory.
Back to top Go down
ftblfan

PostSubject: Humboldt and Lumsden too close to call.   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeMon Nov 01, 2010 10:04 am

I have to agree with the other people on the forum, Humboldt and Lumsden are too close to call. The fact that Lumsden hasn't played a really strong team may come back to haunt them. Not being tested can make a team weak and for this reason I'm going to go out on a limb and pick Humboldt to upset Lumsden. I think that Delisle will beat Sacred Heart by 20 +. This should make for an excellent Provincial final!!!
Back to top Go down
Ftball--

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:07 am

I think the Delisle vs Sacred game will be more interesting than most people think. On paper, Delisle seems to have an edge in regards to program success, personell, etc. Most people are expecting a blow out here but Sacred has many weapons to utilize and great defensive schemes. I'm saying Delisle by less than 7.

The Lumsden game will not be close. An earlier post indiciated that Lumsden "has not played a real tough team yet" which may come back to haunt them. Who has Humboldt played? Only Foam Lake. At one point in the season, Lumsden, Sacred, Melville, and either Fort Q or Swan Valley were in the top 8 in the weekly top 10. All of these teams are from the same conference. Thus, I think Lumsden has played better competition more often than Humboldt and has dominated this competition by 30+ points every game. Moreover, Lumsden went on the road and totally controlled Swan Valley (last year's finalist) 90-0 playing all of their second string from the 2nd quarter forward with no passing after the 1st quarter. That's pretty dominant. Lumsden by 20+ especially at home where they have given up 13 points in 4 games and have scored 246.
Back to top Go down
football

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:51 am

Although there were multiple teams from Lumsdens league in the top 10 that is not relevant at all. The point is that they were 5 strides ahead of every team in their league and were not challeneged. Is everyone on this forum from Lumsden or are you just thinking its easy to side with Lumsden from lopsided victories and the fact that they are the defending champions? and since we are digging up statitics, Humboldt is 2-2 against the Devils, and so far the home team has always lost. So I am going to go with odds and say Humboldt wins. It's easy to speculate online but I dont think any of the Lumsden supporters have seen this years Humboldt team.
Back to top Go down
ftblfan

PostSubject: soooooo.....close   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:46 am

I have to agree with the last two posts (althoughh earlier I said Humboldt will win). This I do know - It's gonna be one helluva game!!!! Can't wait to watch it on saskgridiron.com. Great job Darren!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ftball--

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:27 am

Definately not from Lumsden and definately not looking just at the scores and going with a defending champ just because of those reasons. However, I'm definately a 9-man fan. Both programs are successful however Lumsden is just much deeper. I didn't see Humboldt play this year but I was well aware of them last year. I have seen Lumsden play and whether they are slated to be in a close game or blow out it doesn't matter... they go out and execute for 48 minutes. My statement of a 20+ point win was bold but very realistic... 35-14, 21-10 with a touchdown coming very late in the game to make the game seem lopsided. This will be a great game to watch but Lumdsen will land the heavier shots. Definately tune in to saskgridiron to watch this one.

Now, down the road we have Delisle and Sacred Heart. Delisle definately suprised with throwing up 49 points against Foam Lake who was well prepared for that game. Pre-season I was thinking of a Foam Lake vs. Lumsden/Humboldt final. At least I will have one team right. Sacred Heart has impressed but definately not as polished or as deep as the big 3 remaining. Sacred's strength is the athletes they have playing football. Many of those kids play 2 or 3 other school sports aside from football and they excel at those sports as well. You have soccer provincial champs, good volleyball guys, and tremendously skilled and successful basketball program. The problem is that Sacred does not have a lot of size however they faced a Maple Creek team that did and the Saints (minus 3 top players) wore them down and the defense had great schemes in that game. Delisle should win but this game will be much closer than anticipated.

Last, 2012 prediction... Maple Creek in the provincial final.
Back to top Go down
football

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 1:36 pm

footbal-- I d have to say I am in the same boat as you, I am a big supporter of nine man football and although I much rather see Tisdale in provincial round it just wont happen. I am a lot more familiar with the North East league and I know that Humboldt only lost three players from last year team(Slot Reciever, Wide Reciever and an Offenseive Gaurd) that played Swan River. This is last years Humboldt team only bigger more experienced and with a few key additions.
Back to top Go down
Fan

PostSubject: Predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 7:27 pm

Last Year Humboldt should have been in the final and it would have been a closer game.This year they are going to make the best and Lumsden they have waited 12 months for this opportunity and will make the best of it.
Back to top Go down
Ftb Fan

PostSubject: Semi finals   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 9:08 pm

Sacred Heart is just too inexperienced to come up big.Delisle will capitalize on this inexperience and roll to at least a 20 point victory.
At home Lumsden will surprise many people who question how good this team really is and despite Humboldt's record will be no match for this powerhouse of nine man football...A close game will be short-lived.
Back to top Go down
ftblfan

PostSubject: Semi prediction   semifinal predictions Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 11:02 pm

I think that humbolt wins against lumsden due to the fact that that linebacker from humbolt will shut RB from lusmden down... monster defender and flows to the ball well. Also blitz's at will and will put the QB on his back numerous times, athletic QB but d-ends will keep him from getting outside forcin him right into the corral of their stud linebacker. It will be close but HUmbolt will prevail.. My prediction 28-17. Having watched both teams amongst my travels i think that this will be alot closer than people are saying in previous posts.

Now the Delisle vs Sacred Heart game. I think that Sacred Heart can pull out a victory if they can do one thing... And that is to keep that RB inside the tight ends, If that RB gets outside of the Ends it is game over and they can kiss their season goodbye. However if they shut down that RB then this forces their passing game which is not all that strong from what i hear. I know the stats dont lie, however who have they played? Sure the Northwest has produced some great run stopping defenses in the past however they are infamously known for having attrocious pass defense. So in saying that their pass game isnt as great as people think, well in my opinion and what ive heard. So if sacred heart wants a victory you have to contain that stud RB who cuts at will and has speed on the outside and they have a W. My prediction 14-7 Sacred Heart!

Just a humble opinion from a loyal fan of 9 man football,
good luck to all team playing this saturday and play with sportsmanship and remember it is just a game and is meant to be fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: semifinal predictions   semifinal predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

semifinal predictions
Page 1 of 1